Day 666 -- No Hard Feelings

It is kind of fitting that I (Colby) am writing the post for day 666 for my wife tonight. Tonight, I am thankful that my wife doesn't hold a grudge. Around this time of the year back in 1998 Alaina and I were sort of friends. Her boyfriend was one of my best friends growing up. Weird, huh?

During my senior year of high school during football practice the cross country team would run by 2 or 3 times a day. One day someone on the team called Alaina "Satan". Not very nice. I thought it was funny (not very nice either). The next time the team ran by I shouted "SATAN". Everyone thought it was funny, so I continued to do it throughout the rest of the football season. Not my finest moments. I won't bore with you with more details (I look bad enough already), but I feel very thankful that my amazing wife didn't hold a grudge.

Lord, thank you for allowing my wife and I to find each other. Thanks for helping her to see past my immature ways. In you name I pray, Amen.

===

This is Alaina.  This is a true story.  It was pretty rough.  I'm still not sure what I did to deserve such a horrible name called at me, but I hope it wasn't that I was so mean to someone they felt that this was fitting.  Regardless, I tell my high schoolers the story and tell them to be careful who they are mean to in high school -- you might end up marrying them. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!