Day 701 -- Shopping with My Mom

Today I got up early and braved the crowds and craziness with my mom in East Lansing. Normally, I have a hard time with crowds of people, but I wouldn't miss Black Friday with my mom if I could help it.

First, on the drive up to my mom's house, I always listen to Christmas music on home.fm, as they begin playing Christmas music 24 hours a day on Thanksgiving Day, but I am usually too busy making dinner to notice. This morning I sang along to the Christmas Waltz and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Then, once I get to my mom's, whether it is 4 am or 7 am, she always has some Christmasy coffee brewing for us to drink as we drive to the mall.

Have I ever mentioned my mom is the Parking Whisperer? No matter how crazy the parking lot, we will always find the best spot if she is driving. We head into the stores armed with every conceivable coupon knowing we can make as many trips back to the car to drop off loot as we'd like.

Once we find ourselves in the store, we tend to do more shopping for ourselves than anyone on our lists, but we have fun talking and catching up, sharing our excitement for the season.

I am not an obsessed Black Friday shopper. On the contrary, there is usually very little that I am actively seeking to buy on this day. But more than anything I cherish the time I spend with my mom. Tonight I am thankful for high quality time with her and I am grateful for this tradition we have.

Thank God for shopping with my mom!

Lord thank you for giving me time with my mom today. Thank you for the Christmas season and for the traditions or ushers in with it thank you most of all for my mon, who I awesome. In your name Amen.

Comments

Mothers know best. Of course, this applies even in shopping escapades. Glad to know you had fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!