Day 705 -- First School Christmas Concert

Tonight, Colby and I got to do something we've never done as parents before: we attended our child's school Christmas Program.  Breslin has been very excited about the songs he has been learning in music class from Mrs. Fitz, who he adores.  I knew the songs were catchy and included choreography, but I didn't have any idea what we were about to see on the stage when we hurriedly took our seats in the center of the Western Community Arts Center this evening.

First, the entire program was of a much higher quality than I was anticipating.  It was less of a random assortment of songs and more of an actual musical.  It was obvious the kids knew their roles and dances and moved about the stage with purpose...like clockwork.  I would honestly be surprised if my high schoolers could follow directions like these kids did.

Second, I was caught off guard by the pride I felt in watching my dear son sing and dance on stage with a hugely animated little face, executing the choreography precisely and enunciating the lyrics to each song carefully.

Finally, I was unaware, in all of the conversations Bres and I had regarding the concert, that Breslin had a minor solo act during one of the songs titled, "10 Little Angels".  Breslin was the 10th little angel, and I was tickled to watch him jump out of the risers as the kids sang his name.  Then, as he was the 10th little angel, he had to stay center stage longer than any of the other kids and he completed the song by doing a grand bow before going back to his spot on the risers.  My heart was so full watching him I thought I might just burst.  I'm so glad that I caught the whole thing on video (sorry for all of my giggling...I couldn't help myself):



It was a great night to be a mom.  I am so thankful for the hard work that Mrs. Fitz did to make this concert a reality...I can't imagine it was easy to corral all of those kindergartners.  I am so grateful for the little boy God has given me to parent.  I am incredibly blessed tonight to be a part of what will undoubtedly be something Colby and I talk about and remember for the rest of our lives.

Thank God for our first school Christmas Concert!

Lord, thank you that my son is exactly who he is.  Thank you for all of the hard work that Mrs. Fitz put into this program for our kids so that we could have these lasting memories.  Thank you for the Christmas season and for all of the blessings it brings into our lives.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Breslin did great and it was so fun to watch yours and Colby's faces as you took it all in!
April M said…
Oh, man! I am so sad I missed this!!!! However, I will say, that was pretty much the best break I can imagine taking from my paper. :) Thanks for sharing! I sure do love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!