Day 725 -- New Tragus...ring?

I love my tragus piercing.  It was one of those things that I wanted to get done for a long, long time and would state so repeatedly to my poor husband.  Finally, one night while in East Lansing, he said to me, "Well, let's just get it done!"  We went to Splash of Color on a whim, got it done in less than 10 minutes, and wondered to ourselves what took us so long to make this happen. 

Anyway, that was almost a year ago.  A couple of days ago, my tragus "ring" fell out of my ear while I was sleeping.  I couldn't find it any where and in my sleepy stupor, I found the first earring I stumbled upon and jammed it through my poor tragus hole.  In the morning, I had a very sore, bleeding ear and a poor excuse for a tragus ring.  It kept falling out and I would continually have to put it back in.  There would be more blood and soreness.  I needed a new one desperately, but wasn't sure when I'd be able to get up to Lansing to get one.

While Colby and I were shopping today, we happened to find some at a little piercing kiosk at the mall.  We bought one thinking that we would be able to get it in place no problem.  We were wrong.  I tried and tried to get that sucker in place, but I just couldn't seem to find the right angle.  Plus, it's in a really awkward place to get your fingers and you can't see what you're doing at all.  Colby was grossed out the entire ride home as I tried over and over to make it work.  He gagged and shuddered and was not helpful at all.

Finally, in desperation, I looked to my husband for help and he stepped up.  Holding his breath and suppressing his gag reflex, he held my ear and eased the ring into place. It was quite a bonding moment. 

Tonight I am so thankful that everything in the ear piercing department is a-ok, and that I had this chance to laugh and bond with my husband today.

Thank God for my new tragus ring!

Lord, thank you for helping me fix my tragus today.  Thank you for my husband, who was willing to help me even though he didn't want to.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!