Day 727 -- Aquacats

For the past several weeks, Dharia and Breslin have been swimming with the Albion Aquacats swim club. Two times a week they go to the high school where, with the help of patient high school coaches, they kick, splash, and paddle for a solid hour. So far, the kids have loved swim practice and the one-on-one coaching has helped them to make huge strides in their swimming abilities.

Last night I had a "Not Mom of the Year" moment when I dropped the kids off and went for a nice long run instead of staying to watch. When I got back and the kids climbed out of the pool, Dharia looked up at me expectantly with her sweet face and asked, "Mom, did you see me swim all by myself?" I guiltily dodged the question, but wasn't quite sure if she was really meaning ALL by herself or what...sometimes her meanings are different than my interpretations, after all.

So tonight I stuck around to see Dharia swim, and doggone it if she wasn't telling the honest truth. That girl swam like crazy all over the place without a bubble, noodle, or coach hanging on to her. I was so proud when I first saw her go at it alone that I almost started cheering from the stands.

I am so thankful for the Aquacats and for what this program is doing for my kids. I am grateful that my beautiful girl is swimming like a champ and for the special people who made it possible.

Thank God for the Aquacats!

Lord thank you for this awesome program and for the impact it is having on my kids. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!