Day 777 -- Happy Meeting

I judged tonight at Lumen Christi, who was competing against Haslett High School. When I walked into the gym, I swore that the Haslett assistant coach looked just like a friend that I hadn't seen in many, many years: Trinea. The problem is, the last time I saw her was when I was a seventh grader. You see, Trinea and I did gymnastics together at Great Lakes for several years. We were in the same group for most of the time I trained, which meant we spent a lot of quality time together. We were quite close.

I knew it would be awkward to go over to her, introduce myself, and ask this girl if she was in fact my long lost friend , but I had to know if it was really her.

When I told her my name she squealed with delight and gave me a huge hug. We talked and caught up for a while until she had to board the bus with her team, exchanged numbers and promised to stay in touch.

I felt so blessed to be able to reconnect with someone who shared the meaningful memories From Great Lakes and was filked with joy to be able to see my friend after all these years.

Thank God for a happy meeting!

Lord thank you for reconnecting me with Trinea tonight. Thank you for the chance to talk about happy memories and for the opportunity you have given us to be friends in our adult lives too. In your name Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!