Day 833 -- Scarface

Today, Colby and I were spontaneous and decided to stay one more day in Charlevoix to get in a final day of snowboarding and some quality time together.

And by Colby and I being spontaneous, I mean I begged and pleaded with Colby to stay another day.

So, stay we did.  And we got in an entire extra day of carving up the slopes of Nub's Nob.  We laughed and goofed around, held hands on the chair lift, and talked for hours.  I feel like I've talked with my husband more in the past three days than I had in the past three months before this trip.

We quickly made our way over to the front of the mountain where most of Nub's black diamonds are.  With the fresh snow and warm sun, we knew the perfect conditions wouldn't last long.

One of our favorite runs of the day was "Scarface", which we went down several times, each time looking at each other at the end before the lift and saying "That was amazing!" or something to that effect.  The hill is steep enough to feel as though you are actually lifting up off of you board as you move from one edge to another; so you literally get the sense that you are flying down the hill.  It is also just windy enough to make things a little more interesting than just screaming straight down the hill.  Plus, it's right next to the main chair lift and lodge, so the pressure is on to not look like an idiot. :)

So, tonight I am thankful for an extra day alone with my husband, for the people in our lives who helped make that possible (thank you Grandpa Stuart and Grandma Kathy!) and for the chance to fly down Scarface with my best friend and love of my life.

Thank God for Scarface!

Lord, thank you for giving this day to us.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!