Day 1171 -- Penn State

I am roughly 2 miles from the campus of Penn State University at this very moment.

After track practice today, my friend Courtney and I took off east--bound for the Big 10 Gymnastics Championship.

We made plans nearly a month ago to make a road trip out of it.

The drive was long and we were exhausted from a strenuous week of teaching, but we arrived.

Upon approaching the front desk, we were told that no more rooms with double beds were available.

To remedy their error, the management substituted a room with a king bed and a pull-out couch.

And a hot tub.

Those of you who know me very well at all probably know that I am pretty much in love with in-room hot tubs.  I'm not sure I even want to go to the meet tomorrow now.  Maybe I'd rather stay in my room, sit in my hot tub, read a book, and take naps.

Just kidding, I think.

Any way, I can't wait to try it out tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Thank God for Penn State!

Lord, thank you for getting us here safely and for the fun weekend in store.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!