Home Stretch

Well, we're in the home stretch. Colby and I are feeling the increasing pressure of wrapping up and finishing strong. In the midst of the craziness of school, our son continues to delight and entertain us while exploring the big, bad world. Unfortunately, growing up also includes cutting teeth. At this moment in time, he is bringing in three teeth at once, resulting in many sleepless nights and general unhappiness throughout the Sharp family. As I was tromping down the stairs this morning in a fit of grumpiness at being woken up by Bres yet again during the night, I saw what appeared to be my son asleep on my husband. All the grumpiness immediately faded, and I was so grateful to my husband for being willing to take care of our son and to let me sleep. It helped that they were just so darn cute! See for yourself!

I said goodbye to my seniors in AP Biology this week and Colby will be saying goodbye to a classroom full of fourth graders on Friday. It's hard to believe that we've really made it this far. School has been wild and crazy lately, but definitely fulfilling. This past week, I had my biology students complete a service-learning project, where they identified several invasive species around the high school that were threatening our local ecosystem. We went outside and tore a bunch of them out. Hopefully this will go a long ways in restoring the native species back to our campus. It was a lot of fun for everyone. I think that the kids felt really good doing something to give back to our community. It made me feel really good too, aside from stressing out the whole time about what 110 high school kids with tree pruners might do...


Comments

Megan said…
I love that photo!! I think that is definitely a father's day framer!!
Anna said…
alaina- that picture is adorable!

and I love your service learning project and enjoy the summer!
MikeandJen said…
almost there!!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!