We Made It!

My grandpa Stuart, dad, and brother Evan. Notice how the height increases in subsequent generations. :)


To me, nothing marks the beginning of summer like Father's day. Since I can remember, members of my dad's side of the family have gotten together, no matter the distance or the obligations and have enjoyed the day together eating grilled food, talking, and relaxing. I get a weird sense of pride on Father's day, especially since I'm not a father. I feel proud to have such an awesome legacy on the Stuart side of fathers. My Grandpa Stuart should go down in history as the best grandpa in the entire universe and my dad, althouigh far away, was an amazing role model to me. My dad and I were ridiculously close when I was younger, as we spent over 2 hours together daily in the car driving me to gymnastics and back. I miss him greatly every day. I also feel thankful to have such a great father-in-law who is always there for us. Rob Sharp, Sr. fixes our vehicles, watches our kid, and looks out for our best interests.
Perhaps my greatest sense of pride, however, comes in knowing that I married the only dad I'd ever want to do this whole parenting thing with. Colby shows me daily what love is in his interactions with our son. He is always patient and kind. Nothing ruffles him. Bres could be screaming his head off and I am a complete basketcase, but he is the epitomy of calm and gentleness. I love him for that among other things.

We spent Father's day with both the Stuarts and the Sharps at my aunt and uncles house on Lime Lake. It was a gorgeous day full of sunshine. Colby's brothers and Breslin spent a lot of time in the water. Bres kept wanting us to let go of him and do it by himself. I think he swallowed an awful lot of lake water that day. Even when his lips were purple and his teeth were chattering, he still didn't want to get out of the lake!

School is officially out and our responsibilities for the year are over. Praise God! It was a rough end of the year. I was really sick and Colby's grandfather passed away in the same week. I am currently laid off from Northwest High School and trusting God to show me where I belong next year. Right now Colby and I are both taking care of some professional development obligations and trying to finish some grad school stuff, but next week we are taking the week off and going camping, just the two of us. We're going to use it as a last hurrah before baby girl Sharp comes. Just pray she doesn't make an appearance at the campground!


Dad, Bres, and Uncle Sam (seriously) at the lake.

Comments

Sara said…
Congratulations on finishing the school year! I'm sure God will show you the path he wants you to take. Enjoy the summer!
Megan said…
That is so damn cute. My eyes began to swell as I read that and then saw the pictue. God will show you were you belong. He always does!! Keep us posted on the baby girl sharp can't wait to see her!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!