The November Blahs


Last night I prayed for a snow day.


I did not receive an answer to my prayer.


But the good news is that there is a decaying Meleagrididae meleagris in my freezer.


That's a dead turkey in layman's terms.


A dead turkey in my freezer can only mean one thing...


OH DEAR! I'M COOKING THANKSGIVING DINNER!


Just for the record, I buy dead turkeys that are pre-gutted and pre-cleaned. I would say it was nearly fool-proof if I wasn't worried about jinxing myself and the poor souls destined to dine at my house next Thursday.


I sincerely hope your final week before Thanksgiving goes more smoothly and quickly than mine is. This morning I went outside (at the normal time, because there was no delay or cancellation) and my van's doors were frozen shut. All of them.


In my arms was a nearly-two year-old boy who was protesting the fact that I had put a hat on his head and a coat on his body. While he was writhing around and screaming, I was attempting to open the doors sealed in ice. I tried and tried to no avail. Finally, I hoisted the child into the van through the only door I could get open...the driver's door. I'm sure the visual of my first and second born being schlepped into the gold vehicle through the driver's door was quite a sight. Luckily, not many people pass by our place at that ungodly hour.


After making it safely to day care and dropping the kids off, I sped off like a maniac to my professional development that I had today. I quickly realized that the equation my physics teacher in high school taugh me has application in real life.


P (momentum) = m (mass) x v (velocity)


That being said, it stands to reason that a minivan would have a great deal more momentum at the same velocity than a Saturn Ion going the same speed (the exact number I will not divulge at this time). Consequently, it would take a minivan much longer to come to rest (i.e. a stop) than a Saturn Ion. This made perfect sense as I nearly slid through the icy intersection of King and Dearing this morning. Luckily, I got my head on straight and got to my professional development safely.


Other noteworthy developments at the Sharp household: I cleaned the bathrooms.


Yep, folks, that's about it. I just write it like I see it.


Comments

Sorry about your dissappointing snow day..or lack of one. It was GREAT seeing you the other night. I miss you and your fam a lot. Maybe we could get together before Xmas? Keep in touch.

Love ya!
Megan said…
I love the elephant!! So cute!
Sara said…
I love how all kids have to shout "moo!"
Jessica said…
Kids and animal noises... a true classic! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!