Breslin is TWO!

Happy Birthday, the Bres-meister.

What do I love about Breslin? So many things it's hard to keep track of them all.

I love his unabashed enthusiasm for life. Just try to keep a straight face when he's smiling or laughing. I bet you can't do it!

I love that look on his face when he's concentrating at "reading" a book or "drawing".

I love when he runs to me when I pick him up at daycare saying "Mom! Mom! Mom!" It's so cool being his best friend right now. I'm trying to savor every moment because I know it won't last for long.

I love his crazy dancing to Old MacDonald and clapping to any song on the fridge DJ.

I love his heartfelt loyalty to Thomas the Train.

I love how he says "..'Lo?" when he takes my phone.

I love how he gives Dharia Lou kisses (it's pretty rare...most of the time we ask he says, "NOOOOOOOOO!")

I love the HUGE hug he gives me when I let him out of time-out.

I love that he knows the difference between "boots" and "shoes".

I love that he wants to show me everything and will take me by the hand to lead me to whatever it is that he's busy with so that I can experience it for myself.

Finally, I love that look of pure joy on his face when we sing "Happy Birthday" to him and the excitement he gets out of blowing out his birthday candles. We got to see it three times over the course of two days, and it was a blast!


I love this little guy so much that my heart nearly bursts when I look at him. I can't believe he's two already. Holy cow, time flies. I thank God for this little funny man who I get to watch over and love.

Comments

Happy 2nd birthday buddy! I can't believe how time flies. Hope it was a great one!
Jim Stuart said…
Sure was great to hang out with you guys - thanks for sharing! Love you!
Anna said…
oh my goodness- he's two?! Your little ones keep getting cuter! Hope you guys are having a great New Year!
Anonymous said…
And I love Breslin because he's freakin' awesome and has the greatest mom that ever way!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!