4 More Days...Count 'Em...FOUR!

Can you tell I'm looking forward to Spring Break?


Okay, so lots of good stories lately. First, last weekend was the big "Hello Spring, Goodbye Yeti" 5K run in beautiful downtown Parma. My mom and Bob came down to run too. All of the proceeds went to the Western track and cross-country teams. Since I am slated to be the assistnant cross-country coach next year, it seemed natural that I support the race. Well, I've been running a lot lately, and I wanted to see how fast I could run the race right now. I decided to push myself. My goal was to be under 23 minutes. I ran a 20:51! I was so excited! I even got my picture onto the front of the West County Press! Colby's goal was to run under 24 minutes. He obliterated that with running a 23:14. My mom and Bob both got first in their age groups, too! It was a lot of fun.


Breslin had been sick at the beginning of this week. The poor guy had a super high fever and wouldn't eat anything (very unusual for any member of the Sharp family). ON Monday, I stayed home with him. I went down to rotate the laundry, and when I came back upstairs, I found him passed out in the recliner with his Henry train. It was very cute. He's feeling much better now, though, and was even able to go outside for a bit yesterday and play in the park.



We went on our first real outdoor walk with Dharia Lou this week. She had the biggest grin on her face the whole time, taking it all in. Her little legs were just a-kicking and she just kept smiling and laughing and making us laugh too. We got some great outdoor pictures from our walk.


Thursday, Colby had a conference in Detroit, so I had the kiddos all to myself that night. We were playing, reading books, and having a nice relaxing evening in general, when I sensed that Breslin smelled a little funky. So, I took him upstairs to change him. I quickly realized that this was going to be a full-out diaper incident...the kind that requires a change of clothes and a bath. So, I put him into the tub and then ran downstairs to get Dharia. To my horror, I found myself smelling her funkiness as well! So, I stripped her down and threw her in the tub too! Breslin definitely didn't like Dharia sharing his tub with her, because she kept scootching closer and closer to him trying to get to the faucet of running water. But, it was fun for me to see both my naked babies in the bathtub! And it did solve the funky smell problem.


Finally, Dharia and I drove out to Trenton Wednesday to meet Khalan, who is the son of my college roommate, Jessica Lowe. It was wonderful to see her after so long (she lives in Texas now) and to finally see Khalan in person! I also got treated to an AMAZING dinner from her dad and hung out for the evening with the whole family. It was a great time and I was so glad that I got the opportunity to do that. Dharia was very well behaved the whole time and slept all the way there and back. Such a good baby...



I ran 12 miles today! I keep thinking about how far I have come since the beginning of this year. At the beginning of January it was not easy for me to run three miles! Now, I am running 5K's and 12 milers like it's nothing (well...the 12 miles wasn't exactly "nothing" but it was totally doable)! It's been so good for me. Not only is it helping me lose weight, but it helps me psychologically too. When I run, it is much easier for me to put the stresses of the day behind me and to concentrate on my family. In truth, it's the cheapest therapy for me that there is!

Comments

Jessica said…
Isn't it great to be outside again?? :) We heard about your amazing run in Parma. Too bad we don't get the County Press! Way to go!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!