A Watering Can for Breslin


Let me start by saying that I love Target. I could spend several hours there without any trouble.
Colby and Breslin, on the other hand, could probably do without spending several hours in Target.

We went to Target to buy Lou Lou some new clothes. I was politely told by my daycare provider that she would be needing some bigger spare clothes soon. So, I picked out a few things for her, which quickly turned into a cartload of things. Before I knew what was happening, I was picking out things for Breslin and myself too!

I was almost done shopping, and the kids had been extra-amazingly good. There were no meltdowns, no diaper blowouts...everything was going great. I just wanted to look in the beauty aisles and then go. While I am looking, I hear Breslin exclaim, "Pig!" and then snort a couple of times for emphasis. He had found a watering can on one of the end-caps in the shape of a pig and had picked it up off of the shelf. He looked so cute carrying it around by its little handle and snorting. He was absolutely in love with this pig--so much so that I felt compelled to get it for him. After all, he had been so good the entire trip!

When we got all of our stuff to the checkout, I saw that the pig watering can rang up at $20! That was an expensive good-boy present! But he was so cute with it, that I went ahead and got it anyways, figuring I could just save the tag and bring it back. Breslin carried the pig in his carseat and then into Fazoli's when we were done shopping. I have decided to keep it forever to remember my funny little boy and our trip to Target.

Dharia Lou is getting so big! Growing like a weed...at least a really pretty one...maybe like a wildflower. She has her bottom two teeth and is all smiles. She loves Breslin and the dog and baths. She is such a good baby and is a stark contrast to the high maitenance style of our first born...




Things have been very busy for the Sharp family lately with me judging gymnastics meets a couple of nights a week along with the normal craziness of school. We are all looking forward to a break here in a few weeks. Along with the rest from school, spring break means that summer is coming, which is hard to believe with the chilly 19 degree afternoon we just had today.

Colby and I have been doing well on our running, too. I signed up for the Sunburst Marathon in South Bend, Indiana on the 6th of June and we are both running the "Hello Spring, Goodbye Yeti" 5K on the 14th of March. My mom and Bob are going to run with us too, so we're really looking forward to that.

I used that money I made from judging to redecorate our bedroom. Our queen bed took up pretty much the whole room, and there was no way to arrange the room so that you could get into bed from either side. So, we painted and bought a new bed and dressers from IKEA along with a whole bunch of cute decorations. It is amazing how different the room looks and how nice it is to be able to get into bed without climbing over Colby. Here are some pictures of our room on IKEA...enjoy!



Being able to do things like this is really making it seem like our house is OURS. It's been a year and a half, but it's finally starting to seem like the house belongs to us, not to some strangers we're borrowing it from.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OK... now that I've seen the watering can the story is even funnier. :)
R u still judging at the Haslett regional? Angie Gary just sent me a weird email and I was worried. Hope all is well with you. Your kiddies are too cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!