Day 2011 -- Run in Marshall

After a very long day, capped off with a cross-country meet in Marshall, I decided to go for a run.  The meet was pretty short, and I had driven there due to having a couple of different meetings and obligations to take care of after school.  This gave me the opportunity to lace up my running shoes and take a run around the beautiful old town of Marshall instead of riding the bus home.

My legs were hesitant, but it was clear after just a couple of miles in that this was going to be a great run.  I think part of it was running in such an amazing place: the old houses, the giant, ancient trees, the neighborhood streets full of history but empty of traffic.  There were just enough hills to make things interesting and the sun was just starting to go down.  It was truly ideal.  I got a chance to clear my head and headed for home feeling aglow.

Thank God for a run in Marshall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.