What Fun!

Okay, check this out. Colby and I went to Flushing on Saturday morning to run in the Flushing Township 5K/Half-Marathon. Colby ran the 5K and set a new personal best! He even placed 2nd in his age group! I was so proud of him. I ran the half marathon and also set a new personal best. I surprised myself! My goal was to be under an hour and 50 minutes! I crossed the finish line in under 1:36! I ran at a 7:18/mile pace for the whole race! I was SO proud of myself! I felt amazingly good the rest of the weekend.

On Sunday night, our dear friends the Gastons came over for dinner and just to relax for a bit. The kids really began to warm up to one another and it was great fun. Avah even ended up in Breslin's pajamas! We grilled chicken, even though it was snowing...and we had ice cream, even though it was snowing...yea for spring break! Boo to snow on spring break.


Dharia Lou and Benn Gaston hanging out and having fun!

Avah admiring Breslin's studliness as he counts to one.

Comments

OMG!!! I love the pics. We had so much fun with you guys! Wish we could've stayed longer. Avah wants to live in Bres' dinosaur p.j's. Seriously, she won't let us take them off! :) Have a great week! Love ya!
Jessica said…
Awesome job with the run, guys!! :) Way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!