Shamrock Shake Envy

One great thing about this time of year is defnitely the Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's. I've had more than a few since they came to Albion, and we quickly found that our daughter was also a huge fan (shocking, I know).

It's been a while since I've posted anything. It's not necessarily because I'm so busy, but more to do with the fact that I don't really think of anything that we do as noteworthy to publish on line. But, I still have people asking me about it, so I should probably try to be better about posting more regularly. I'm not promising twice a week or anything, but definitely more than once every three months.

The biggest thing on my mind right now really is how to get rid of the ridiculous multi-colored asian lady beetles that seem to have invaded our house. Yesterday I vacuumed up probably close to a thousand (in the house...YUCK) and they were still crawling around 20 minutes later. I can't take it. My mental health depends on getting these creatures OUT of my house. Any suggestions?

Now that gymnastics season is over, my weeknights and Saturdays will be a bit more free since I'm not judging. I'm definitely looking forward to that. I feel myself starting to slow down and run out of energy. Tomorrow will be one month until my due date. I feel like there is SO much to do between now and then and I lack the energy to do any of it. It's so different than my first two pregnancies. I am so NOT talking about the baby's room or any of that overrated stuff either...although it does need to get done at some point. I learned a couple of kids ago that the only thing is totally required to bring a baby home is a car seat. But, the room does need to get finished and plans for school and my long term sub do need to be made. Oh, and the house definitely needs to be cleaned. Colby has been great pitching in, but let's face it, "man clean" is usually not up to snuff. I floated the idea of hiring a maid, somewhat seriously, but it did not go over well. Apparently we do not have an envelope for hired help at this point in our lives.

Wow, well I didn't get on here to whine and complain about my life, so I'll wrap it up. My kids are beyond beautiful and I'm beyond blessed. Time to take Breslin's "slippery shoes" (slippers) out of the wash so that he can have them for daycare tomorrow...

Comments

Kristin said…
YAY!!!! Does this mean I get my friend back? Maybe we could have a date at your house where we clean together....and then come to my house and clean. Actually, I don't think I am even joking about that. OK, maybe a little bit.

And, I HATE shamrock shakes. Mint should be in gum and toothpaste. The end.

LOVE YOU!
Sara said…
We have the Asian beetles too! They inveaded Ewan's room and his is terrified of them. We sprayed poison on the outside of the house and that seemed to help! I hate those things so much!
slow down lou lou, you'll get a brain freeze!
Suzanne Gibbs said…
That's my Minnie!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!