Adelai Joy



Giving birth to my daughter was a series of events I will never forget. On Tuesday evening, Colby and I went out to dinner. At some point in the evening, I told Colby that I thought we should head to the hospital. Given my history of delievering babies in a startingly short amount of time, I thought we should go to the hospital sooner rather than later (labors for both Breslin and Dharia were only 4 hours each).

When we got there, I was discouraged to find that I wasn't very far along in the labor process, but they decided not to send us home based on said history. It turns out this was a very good thing. 20 minutes after being told that we could be there for a while, I was in the jacuzzi tub when I realized that the baby was coming RIGHT NOW. Long story short, I gave birth to my daughter in the bathroom of my hospital room. Even though it was somewhat horrifying, I find myself wanting to relive the details of her birth over and over again. I never want to forget the feeling of welcoming this sweet girl into the world.

Adelai (A-duh-lie) is 7 pounds, 5 ounces and is (in my opinion) nothing short of gorgeous. She has tons of dark black hair and a sweet smooshy face. We took her home today and have been spending lots of time cuddling her and getting to know the newest member of the Sharp family. I feel overwhelmed by the number of blessings in my life.

Comments

Jessica said…
She is so beautiful, you guys!! We saw pics last night that April had taken. Yup! She definitely looks like a Sharp! :) Congratulations again, to all of you. We are so tremendously happy for you, and hope that you enjoy these first of many days to come together!!
The best birth story I've heard yet! :) Can't wait to meet her. From what I saw, she's down right precious. Glad you're feeling well. Hope to see you soon.
Unknown said…
You inspire me! If only it could be that quick and easy for everyone, but you give me hope. She's beautiful and has a great name.
Anna said…
She's precious Al! Congrats! And the song is amazing =)
Suzanne Gibbs said…
You're right....she's absolutely gorgeous! I'm so thrilled to be part of this story!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!