Day 10--Knitting...?

I don't actually like knitting, but I am thankful for it today.
 
I should rephrase that.  I don't like knitting yet.  My grandmother and mom assure me that after a while I will love it.  It will be a breeze, it will alleviate stress, blah, blah, blah.
 
I am thankful because my grandmother is teaching me how to do it.  This means some quality one-on-one time with her while she patiently shows me over and over again how to do something she can do with her eyes closed.  Literally.  I'm sure she wants to scream when I screw up in the same ways over and over again, but she doesn't.
 
I started working on a scarf 4 separate times tonight, and had to take out all of the stitches I did and start over again each time.  2 hours worth of work, and I have nothing to show for it. Nothing.  Not one single stitch. But in my mind, it was time well spent.
 
Thank God for knitting!
 
Lord, thank you for giving me an activity to share with my grandmother.  Thank you for her patience with me and for this skill she is willing to teach me.  I pray that it will be a way for us to connect and will provide us with quality time to share together for many years. In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
I am putting in my order for a scarf. Or hat. Or both. Pink please. :)
Sara said…
You'll love it once you get the hang of it!
Megan said…
I took up crochet because it is slightly easier...I am taking a class for how to knit in January. Though I wish I could say that my grandmother was teaching me...what a great gift of time together indeed.
The Ekloves said…
Just keeping going with it. It took me two years to get the hang of it...but I love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!