Day 2 -- Daughters

This post will not do justice to the way my heart truly feels about my daughters. They bring so much joy to my heart that it feels like its going to swell up and burst little glittery confetti everywhere. And, why did God choose ME to care for such two amazingly beautiful, funny little creatures? After looking through these pictures, listening to this Taylor Swift song, and writing this post, I feel like I could spend 365 days counting all of the things I love about my daughters. But, that's not really the point. So, here is pathetic attempt to show how very grateful I am for these two loves of my life...

---

Ponytails.

Sweet smiles.
Kisses.

Pink.

Butterfly wings.

I am so thankful for my girls today.
I know how I was as a teenager, and it scares me to death to think that they will most likely give me the same grief I gave my mom.

But for now, they are sweet and joyful and I am their favorite person in the world.
Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything is funny
You've got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darlin' don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darlin' don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It can stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No one will desert you
Just try to never grow up

Thank God for my daughters!

Lord, thank you so much for giving me these two wonderful girls. Thank you for Dharia's free spirit and thank you for AJ's sweet infectious smile. I pray that you would give me the strength to be there for them in every circumstance. I pray that you would guide my decisions and help me to reflect you through my interactions with them. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
and now I am crying.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!