Day 3 -- Garbage Skittles Therapy

Three wild kids,
Make for one wild ride.
That's why I'm glad
You're on my side.

But tonight
You seemed pretty stressed,
As all three
Cried out in distress.

You'd eaten a lot of Skittles
The night before.
You threw the rest away,
To avoid eating more.

But as the children's voices grew,
Out of the trash came the skittles you threw.
You ate them all and pretty quick
Garbage skittles seemed to do the trick.

A smile on your face
And a spring in your step
If garbage skittles make us laugh--
What the heck?

I'm thankful for you
and the weirdness you bring,
I couldn't do this without you
You're my everything.

Thank God for my husband and Garbage Skittles Therapy!

Thank you, Lord, for Colby and for the way he can always make me laugh and smile no matter how stressed out we both may be. Please help our relationship to continue to grow. Please help us to always be on the lookout for ways to laugh together through all of life's trials. In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I looked back through the last couple of posts to your blog to see why you are calling this day #3. I see now, and I am letting you know that I am one of the masses....and I think it is awesome! AND I really wish I could put my thoughts down as artistically and wonderfully as you have. You said to let you know we were reading....I am! Cheri P :)
April said…
Umm... are these the skittles we gave him?!? Too FUNNY!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!