The Perfect Tree

Getting a Christmas tree is a big deal in the Sharp household. And not just in the fact that it requires dressing three children under the age of 4 in appropriate gear for tromping around in the woods in the cold. It's my second most favorite day of the year (after Christmas, of course) and it is steeped in rich tradition:
The tree is real and is cut down with a handsaw by my fabulous husband.
The tree is decorated while eating pizza.
We watch a Christmas movie afterwards.
The whole thing might not seem like much to you, but it is really quite magical for us. And this year was no exception, even though we had some issues with the lights which required me making a last minute run to Dollar General. Yikes.
Breslin is really starting to get into the Christmas spirit. Yesterday when I picked him up from daycare, I asked if he had a good day. He said, "Yeah. I want to go home and see my Christmas tree, though." I was delighted.
Then, at night, he asked, "Where are the presents for under this Christmas tree?" This led to a new nightly ritual, where we count the number of days until Christmas and presents.
Today, my little Dharia was sick, so I stayed home from school with her. She has been watching Rudolph and taking it nice and easy. She, too, loves the Christmas tree. But it's just not right to see her so sluggish and sleepy. Poor thing. But, sick or not, my Adelai just adores her big sister. No matter how grumpy that baby gets, Lou Lou always seems to be able to make her laugh.
We got some great shots on Sunday at the Christmas Tree farm. It was such a great day with such cute pictures it was impossible not to share.
Enjoy your Christmas season with the ones you love!



Comments

Barb said…
Poor LouLou!! :( Hope she's feeling better.
Suzanne Gibbs said…
Aaaawwww! I am SO taken by your blog! I love you, I love your kids! Please, Mini, get better!!!
Jessica said…
Christmas time is so special when you have kiddos to share it with, and yours are especially cute! Hope you all continue to have tons of fun this holiday season!!
April M. said…
i like you.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!