Day 20 -- Rest and Recovery

When I began this project, one of my own personal "rules" was that I would not use it as a way to delineate my hardships.  This was not a sounding board, a vent session, or anything other than a way to express and describe my thankfullness.

That being said, I feel like garbage today.

This week has left me feeling like I was run over by the metaphorical truck of life. 

I have been fighting battles of the mental, emotional, and spiritual varieties throughout the week, and I believe it has left me physically vulnerable and exhausted.

That's why I'm so thankful for:

The hot shower I just got out of.

The nice-smelling clothes I just stepped into.

The warm, comfy bed I'm about to lay down in.

The sweet, supportive husband who has offered to hold down the fort while I sleep.

The opportunity to rest and recover.

Thank you Lord for the chance to recover from this challenging week.  I pray that you would revive my body and spirit today.  I pray that you would protect my children from succumbing to illness if mine is contagious.  I am so thankful for the many ways you have provided for me to recuperate.  I praise you for them today.  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!