Day 21 -- Student Schedule Complaints

Today, students got their new schedules. 

I was secretly pleased to hear them whining and complaining about getting switched out of my class and NOT having me next semester.  I guess deep down inside, they love me after all!

I know that my job is not to be their friend, and I shouldn't care at all what they think, but it made me feel good to know that some of them would be sad not to have me any more...despite their best efforts to convince me otherwise throughout the semester.

Teaching can sometimes be a tough, thankless job.  Although none of them came right out and said that they were happy to have me as a teacher, hearing them whine and complain about being switched was about as good as it gets.  That's as warm and fuzzy as you can expect from 11th and 12th graders, I guess.

Thank God for Student Schedule Complaints!

Lord, thank you for my students.  Thank you for letting their complaints give me a boost today.  I pray that you would help me to touch their lives in a way that would glorify and bring honor to you.  Help me to please you in the work I do at school this week.  In your name, Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mrs. Sharp,
You are one of the best teachers I have ever had. I love chemistry so much more because I have had you for the past two years as a teacher. Finding your blog and reading some of your posts has only made me more thankful because it has made me better understand what a great person you are. Thank you so much. I will remember you forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!