Day 23-- Sick Days

I am so thankful that when I am sick or when one of my kids is sick, I have sick days.  I don't have to worry about staying home and losing pay. 

Today, I felt awful and AJ was throwing up too.  I figured I could probably make it at school, but I just had this gut feeling that daycare would call me to come get AJ during the day.  I was right.  As soon as she woke up, she was vomiting everywhere.  Poor thing just hasn't been herself lately.  I decided to stay home.

I take many of the wonderful things about teaching for granted.  As I was trying to think of things I was thankful for today, I realized that sick days are something that not every one has.  I was busy thinking about how much of a pain it is to come back to school after missing a day.  But, how fortunate I am to be able to stay at home with my children when they are sick! 

Thank God for sick days!

Lord, thank you for a job that allows me to accumulate and use sick days.  I pray that you would help me to be grateful for the time I can spend at home with my kids when they are not feeling well.  Please help AJ to feel better so that she can be her wonderful, happy self.  In your name, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!