Day 30 -- A No Show

I was scheduled to judge in Coldwater tonight.  I hurried after school to work out, change, and get to the high school by 5 pm for a 5:30 start time.  I even ate chili while I drove (carefully) so that I could have something for dinner.

When I got there, the visiting team was nowhere to be seen.  The Coldwater athletic department did everything in their power to find out what was going on, but couldn't seem to come up with any reasonable explanation.  After an hour, per our officials' contracts, we were released.

I was home by 7 pm.   I got a huge smile from AJ as I walked through the door.  I got to put on pants with an elastic waistband.  I got to hold Dharia Lou and give her a kiss good night.  I got to eat popcorn with Breslin.  I got to relax in my favorite chair.  I got to do all kinds of wonderful things that I would have missed had I been judging tonight.  It was bonus time that I am so thankful for.

Thank God for a no show!

Lord, thank you for the bonus time I got at home tonight.  Thank you for the chance to spend extra moments with my children and for the opportunity to relax before another busy day tomorrow.  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!