Day 35 -- Dinner with Nana and Papa Bob

The athletic director at East Lansing called me yesterday (yes, a Sunday) begging me to come judge a meet tonight.  I thought that I could help, so I told him that I would be happy to.

Even more happily, East Lansing is very close to my mom's house, so I took the opportunity to pick up the kids from daycare and drive up a bit early.  We had a very nice dinner (pasta with homemade sauce -- authentic Italian -- and meatballs).  Then, my mom and Bob watched the kids while I was gone at the meet.

What a nice surprise!  Judging nights usually mean a meager dinner and time away from my family.  Tonight, I got to hang out with my kids all the way up and back from the meet.  PLUS I ate a fantastic dinner!   Perhaps most importantly, Breslin, Dharia, and AJ got bonus quality time with their Nana and Papa Bob.

It was a good change of pace for all of us, I do believe.

Thank God for dinner with Nana and Papa Bob!

Lord, thank you for a lovely, unexpected visit with my mom and Bob.  Thank you for the way they take care of me and my family.  I feel so blessed that they can play such a huge role in my kids' lives.  Thank you that they cared enough to provide dinner for us tonight and that they were willing to spend some quality time with my kids while I was taking care of other responsibilities.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
I can't believe that you have been doing this for 35 days. Keep it up girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!