Day 41 -- Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tonight, we made chocolate chip cookies. 

Colby has a secret trick that he uses on me all the time.  If he wants me to cook or bake something, he first acts like he is going to do it first.  Then, he asks me something about the recipe and I offer to just do it, because in the long run it would probably be easier, faster, and turn out better.  It's his way of getting me to make what he wants when he wants it.

Tonight he used it on me for chocolate chip cookies.

I don't do a lot of domestic things well, but I am a pretty decent chocolate chip cookie-baker.  I had Breslin and Dharia help me tonight.  They were so cute in their little aprons trying to stir the batter, or as Breslin kept saying "Measure and mix, measure and mix".

I am thankful because it gave us some time to spend together having fun and laughing together, and it reminded me of my mom teaching me how to make cookies.  The chocolate chip cookie recipe was something she gave to me, and I vividly remember making the cookies under her careful instruction.  I have since made them so many times that I know the recipe by heart.

I do not remember riding my brother around like a horse during the process, but that happened here tonight, too.

Thank God for Chocolate Chip Cookies!


Lord, thank you for the ability to bake at my house with my kids.  Thank you for the fun time we got to spend together tonight during the process of making these cookies and for the fond memories they recalled for me, too.  I pray that this will be something my kids can look back on with a smile someday.  Help me to be committed to creating these memories with them in our days to come.  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Fun that Breslin let her ride...looks like she is saying - "yee hah!". Thanks for posting the pics...love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!