Day 42 -- 7th hour bliss

Okay, so maybe bliss is too strong of a word.

Okay, so bliss is definitely too strong of a word.

But I had this feeling today in seventh hour that a lot of the tension and turmoil that was associated with my first semester seventh hour class was mysteriously gone.

Last semester, I dreaded every day's seventh hour.  The kids were emotionally draining, apathetic, challenged, intentional non-learners, and sometimes downright annoying.  By the end of the day, I would feel like I could be scooped off of the floor with a spatula.

But today, it was quiet...er.  Almost peaceful.  I didn't lose any of the troubled students from first semester, but my class size did decrease dramatically.  My classroom was almost humming with the focused (that's right -- focused!) learning that was taking place.

I daresay it was even fun.  Even for them.

I'm thankful for our fresh start to the 2nd semester in our 7th hour class tonight.

Thank God for 7th hour bliss!

Lord, thank you for starting our second semester in 7th hour on a positive note.  Thank you for alleviating the sense of tension that had previously blanketed our room.  I pray that you would continue the atmosphere of focused effort.  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Kell said…
The last few blog posts of yours echo exactly how I feel! We had professional development yesterday and start the new semester today. We only have 6 hours a day but new 6th hour only has 19 students in it...glorious! Good luck on your new semester :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!