Day 43 -- Snowpocalypse 2011

I tried and tried to find something other than the snow to write about today, but everything I am so giddy about tonight directly related to it.  So, forget it.  I am thankful for the blizzard, dang it!  I am -- it's so utterly and completely true and I'm not going to deny it anymore!

It means no school tomorrow, so that's an obvious reason to be thankful.  Sleeping in, not having to wake up and dress three sleeping children at 6:15 am, lounging in pajamas -- these are all good things.  Plus, I get the most entertaining voicemail from our director of transportation announcing the closure.  (ex; To the tune of "This Old Man": There's more snow/There's more ice/You should stay in where it's nice/I hope you have fun and in the snow you'll play/Western Schools are closed today)

It means that I got a good chuckle out of the storm being called "Snowpocalypse 2011" and from getting a Facebook invite to attend the event.

It means that tonight was family movie night. I got to sit with Breslin and Dharia on the couch and hold their warm little bodies next to me while chowing down on popcorn.

It means that I am sitting next to a roaring fire in my fireplace covered up with my favorite quilt.

It means that I get to marvel at the awesome and beautiful power of our God.  I am witness to the white flakes fall violently from the sky, covering the ground and making all things seem new.  What a fitting metaphor for what He is doing to my heart!

Thank God for Snowpocalypse 2011!

Thank you Lord for this mighty blizzard and its breathtaking demonstration of your power.  Thank you for the blessings that resulted from this snow tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
I want to hear how He is making things new in your heart:)
April said…
I'm loving Snowpocalyse too... And you of course! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!