Day 47 -- Sandwich the Snowman and Lou Lou at Grandma's

I have two things that I'd like to write about today.

It's funny that there are days that I have done this before where I was sure that I would find nothing to write about.  And then there are days like today, where it almost seems impossible to pick just one thing that I am thankful for.

Well, I figure that this is my thing and I can do whatever I want.  So instead of writing about one thing and passing the other one up, I am going to write about them both.

The first thing I am thankful for tonight is Sandwich the Snowman.  Sandwich is Breslin's first official snowman.  It's a bit strange, seeing as he is four years old.  But, for some reason or another, in all of the times we have gone out to play in the snow, we haven't made a snowman.  Today, I took him out for about an hour and, dang, if we didn't try our hardest to make the non-packing snow into a snowball or two.  Then, we somehow had the idea to take the huge pile that the snowplows had left in the corner of our driveway and convert that into a snowman shape.  I couldn't stop laughing when I asked Breslin what his name was and he replied, "Sandwich!"  When we got home tonight, we had to take a picture of him with with Sandwich ("Mommy so you can put it on the 'puter!").  So here it is:

Speaking of getting home tonight, when we unloaded the van, we were one kid light.  No, it wasn't a surprise.  We knew Lou Lou was missing because she threw such a fit when we tried to leave Grandma's house that Grandma caved and said she could spend the night.  I kid you not, the crying stopped instantly (lesson learned, right?).  So, Lou Lou is staying the night with Grandma and Grandpa, getting all of the attention from her uncles, and watching a lot of Mickey Mouse.  I am happy that she is loves her grandparents so much.  As we were packing up to leave she yelled from across the room "Bye mom, bye dad, see you tomorrow!"

Thank God for Sandwich the Snowman and Lou Lou at Grandma's!

Lord, thank you for some refreshing time outside today and for the ability to make a memory with my son.  Thank you for the happiness that building the snowman brought to Breslin and that the snowman's name brought to me.  Thank you that Lou Lou is spending quality time tonight with her grandparents.  Thank you for the wonderful grandparents they are and for their willingness to give her a little special attention.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Nice snowman! Thanks for the picture. He looks very proud! And I can hear Dharia's voice as she tells you bye...fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!