Day 48 -- Colby Super Bowl Excitement

It's so cute to see my husband giddily excited about something.  He's passionate about a lot of sports-related things, sure.  But the Super Bowl brings on a whole new level of excitement.  For days now, I have been listening to him weigh the pros and cons of cheering for either the Packers or the Steelers.

Pros of Cheering for the Packers (according to Colby):

1) I hate Ben Roethlisberger.
2) I love their uniforms.
3) I have to cheer for Bob's team. (Bob is Alaina's stepdad...he lived in the UP and is a huge Packer's fan).
4) Jennings is from Kalamazoo, MI.

Pros of Cheering for the Steelers (quoted by Colby at some point in the days before the Super Bowl):

1) I like the owners.
2) I love their uniforms.
3) They have an amazing history.
4) They have a great coach.

Of course, there are many more, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind.  When he couldn't come up with a defnitive choice, he decided to ask Dharia to pick a team.  Her choice (all 10 times she was asked) was an enthusiastic "Packers".  To me, it kind of sounded like crackers, but who was I to burst his bubble?

In the end, he told me many times that he was just happy that two teams with such history were playing and that all he really wanted was a good game.

I was also regaled with many stories from my husband.  Thanks to him, I now know that Mike Tomlin plays Phil Collins' "Coming in the Air Tonight" with the lights off in the locker room to get his team pumped up.

Finally, I was made to answer all sorts of Super Bowl related gambling questions without the benefit of winning any money if I was right.  This happened roughly 10 minutes before the game started.  Here are some examples of what he asked:

1) Who will be the first player to score a touchdown?
2) Will Christina Aguillera hold the word "brave" in the National Anthem for less than or more than 6 seconds? (It was about 10.5 seconds, in case you were wondering.)
3) Will the combined score be more than or less than 44.5 points?
4) What color Gatorade will they dump on the winning team's coach?

So tonight, I am thankful for the Super Bowl on behalf of my husband.  I am personally thankful for the entertainment his enthusiasm for the Super Bowl provided.

Thank God for Colby Superbowl Excitement!

Lord, thank you for my husband and for his infectious enthusiasm.  I am grateful that I am the one he wants to share this with.  Thank you for the fun we had tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!