Day 49 -- Trio's

Tonight, I had to judge a meet at Sturgis, which meant leaving straight from school.  Whenever I have to do this, it's difficult to eat an actual dinner (the timing just never seems to really work out), so usually I just grab a granola bar, some Cheez-Its, or something equally lame and dissatisfying. 

When we walked into the meet tonight, the hosts presented us with a box.  Inside was a deli turkey sandwich and a bowl of tomato basil soup from the restaurant Trio's in Sturgis, Michigan.

It was delicious.  The soup was hot and perfectly creamy.  The bread was soft and rich.  I savored every bite.

Now, you have to understand that I am a person who truly loves food.  I mean, I love food.  So to me, this seemingly small gesture really meant a lot.  How wonderfully kind and thoughtful of the Sturgis gymnastics team to provide dinner for us tonight!  In all sincerity, it made my day!

Thank God for Trio's!

Lord, thank you for the delicious food you provided for me tonight.  Thank you for the delightful people associated with the Sturgis gymnastics team who took the time to think about our needs even though I'm sure they had many other things on their minds.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!