Day 50 -- God of the Broken-Hearted

There is a little baby out there who is being taken off of life support tonight.  Her mom died in a car accident on Saturday on I-94.  She was taken by Cesarean section, but had no heart beat and has been on life support since then.  She has had little or no brain activity, according to various news sites and her daddy's blog.

This story has so obviously touched many in our area, and it has affected me both physically and emotionally.  I feel like a wreck just hearing it.  I don't know this family, and I can't even imagine the pain and suffering that they must be experiencing. 

I am thankful tonight that God is the Great Physician.  I lift up this little baby in prayer to my dear Heavenly Father asking for a miracle.  Please heal this tiny angel and allow her to remain with her Earthly father, who has already lost so much.

I am also thankful that He is the God of the broken-hearted.  He is near those who are are suffering.  “He has sent Me to bind up the broken-hearted.” (Isaiah 61:1)  I am thankful tonight that even though the family of this tiny little infant will be broken and hurting, God will bind them up and will not forget them.  A week, two weeks, a year from now, this story will be gone from the news headlines.  The Facebook prayer groups may be gone, but God will not.

I breathe in the scent of my three healthy children, all with heartbeats, all breathing on their own.  I look at my sturdy, rock of a husband, and I think to myself, "How do I have so much?"  Life can change in a blink, but for now, I am spared the loss of someone so dear.  It doesn't feel right to be thankful for anything more basic than the fact that they are here with me tonight.

Thank you Lord, for being the God of the broken-hearted.  Be with this baby.  Please, please, heal her Lord.  Be with her family and ease their suffering.  Comfort them in their anguish.  Thank you for my family and for keeping them safe, Lord.  Help me to never take that for granted.  In your name, Amen.

Comments

Beautiful, Alaina.

Continue to pray for Chad, as Miranda is now with her mom and Jesus.
David R. said…
They were my next-door neighbors growing up. We've been feeling and praying along the same lines.

God knows what He's doing.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!