Day 51 -- 2nd Lunch

At Western High School, there are 2 different lunches.  Half of our student body attends "first lunch" which comes after third hour.  The rest of us eat after fourth hour.

Today, I am happy to be a member of the "second lunch" crew.  It is part of the day I look forward to always.  No matter how badly the day might be going, I can get a boost from my friends who I eat with during this brief respite.  This may sound trite or lame (or both), but I truly love the other teachers who eat in the lounge on second lunch.  It's nothing against those who eat first lunch (we don't promote lunch-on-lunch hating), but in second lunch we're a sort of weird, dysfunctional little family.  We share, we laugh, and we forget the need to do and say everything correctly.  I often feel as though I am putting on a show at school.  It can be utterly exhausting.  This is a chance to drop the act and just be myself. 

Thank God for 2nd Lunch!

Lord, thank you for a part of the day that is dependable and reassuring and fun.  Thank you for the people you've surrounded me with at school that make second lunch so great.  Help me to be a blessing to them as well.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!