Day 52 -- Cheese Thingy

Tonight I'm thankful for the Cheese Thingy.

In case you don't know, a Cheese Thingy is a tortilla topped with your choice of salsa, taco sauce, or pizza sauce (alternatively called a pizza thingy) and then covered with cheese.  They whole concoction is then baked at 350 for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.

My mom invented the Cheese Thingy in my early childhood (or before).  We used to eat them all the time when I was a kid.  They were fast, delicious, and required very little effort to make.  In short, they were and continue to be the perfect solution when you need something to eat, but you're not sure what.

At tonight's gymnastics meet, I was starving.  In fact, I unabashedly asked the athletic director if I could, as an official, be entitled to a bag of popcorn from the concession stand (a new low for me).  On the way home, I received a very sweet text from my husband asking if I'd like for him to start making something for me so it would be ready when I got home.  I replied, "What do ya got?"  His answer?  "How about a Cheese Thingy?"

That man knows me well.

Thank God for the Cheese Thingy!  And thank God for the Internet so that I can look up how to properly spell "Thingy"!

Lord, thank you for our family food invention that can stand in for a hot meal when we're low on groceries.  Thank you for a sweet husband who was willing to cook for me tonight after a very long day.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!