Day 53 -- Date Night!

Colby and I went out on a bona fide date tonight. 

For lack of a better word (and because it's after 11 pm and I'm exhausted), it was awesome.

We dined in the Tap Room at Dusty's Cellar in Okemos.  I had the biggest and best chili dog I've ever eaten, onion rings, and a frosty brew.

Colby took me to one of my favorite stores, Mad Eagle, to get me a thumb ring.  A couple of weeks ago, mine literally broke in half while on my finger.  I was devastated.  So, since then he's been having to listen to me whine and cry about my missing thumb ring.  Tonight he dropped me off at the store and instructed me to pick a new one out for myself.  He's such a sweet guy. 

Finally, we went to a real movie at a theatre!  It's been ages since we've done that.  We paid for our tickets but forgot to grab them.  The surly looking girl begin the glass said to me, "Don't forget your tickets."

I smiled and replied, "Thanks.  It's been like 5 years since we've been to the movies, so we kind of have forgotten how this all works."

"Great," she said, in a totally flat voice.

I don't know why, but that still strikes me as hilarious, albeit mildly insulting.

In line at the concession stand, I bumped into two of my former students who are now Spartans.  It was wonderful to see them and catch up for a bit.

We saw "No Strings Attached", which probably won't win any awards or anything, but was charming nonetheless.  Plus, it starred Ashton Kutcher, who I love because he always reminds me of my little brother for some reason.

It was a great night.

Thank God for Date Night!

Lord, thank you for giving Colby and I some time to spend together tonight.  Thank you for my mom and Bob, who were willing to watch the kids while we were out.  I am grateful for the laughs we were able to enjoy together and the conversation we were able to share.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

April. said…
Yeah Date Night!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!