Day 60 -- My Oldest Friend

There is this girl I know.  Actually, I've known her for pretty much my entire life.  I believe we "met" as infants in the nursery at Ganson Street Baptist Church.

Since then, we have gone to the same daycare, attended elementary school together, dominated AWANA as a team, been in the same youth group, attended summer camp together, worked at summer camp together, and done a million and a half other things together.  When my brother had leukemia and spent long stretches at a time in the hospital, it was always her house that I stayed at for the duration.  There aren't many memories of my childhood that do not contain her in some way, shape, or form.

Anyway, I think she is amazing.   I could not express to you in words what this girl means to me.  I could never catalogue all of the qualities that make her such a wonderful friend without falling pitifully short.  Nor could I fully explain to you why I admire her so much and why she is someone I strive so hard to be like.

I can tell you, however, that tonight she was exactly what I needed.  She was a breath of fresh air.  She was a person that I knew loved me for exactly who I am and in spite of who I am.  She was someone who I could trust to tell me the truth in brutal honesty.  She was someone who knew my history and understood exactly where I was coming from.  For that, and for so many other reasons, I am thankful for her. 

Thank God for my oldest friend!

Lord, thank you for my oldest friend and for all of the blessings she brings to my life.  Thank you for giving me time to hang out with her tonight.  Thank you for all that she does for me.  Help me to do things that will let her see just exactly how much she means to me and what an honor it is for me to be her friend.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Your oldest friend. said…
Thank YOU my oldest friend! YOU are a remarkable person and I am blessed and honored to call you friend. You made me cry a little and I love you for that! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!