Day 63 -- One on One

For about a half an hour today, AJ and I found ourselves the only ones who were awake in the Sharp household.  It was strangely quiet, and almost unsettling.  I realized that it is very rare for me to be alone with just one child, especially the baby.  It took me back to the days of my maternity leave, when the older two went to daycare and all AJ and I had planned for the day was to relax and stare at one another.  I didn't realize how much I missed that quality time with my daughter until this afternoon.

Of course, our time was much more eventful today than it was during maternity leave.  Back then, she was just kind of a lump.  Today, she babbled continuously as she crawled around the living room, pulled herself up on anything that she could, and managed to pull everything off of the shelves her level and below.  But, it was really nice to focus just on her, watch just her, be with just her.  There was nothing and no one else vying for my attention.  I could concentrate on her cute little crooked smile, her flamboyant hand gestures, and her wild long hair.

When she had made what seemed like her 500th lap around the living room, she started to rub those eyes in that silly way only babies seem to do.  So, I took her in my arms, and rocked her while singing her to sleep.

It was the best.

Thank God for some one on one time with AJ today!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for the joy she brings daily to my life.  Thank you for giving me time today to spend with her, focusing only on her and giving her my undivided attention.  I pray that you would give me many more opportunities like this and that I would appreciate them fully.  In your name I pray, amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
She's wonderful...so are you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!