Day 65 -- Things Breslin Said

Tonight, my son kept me amused and amazed by the things he said.

At dinner, he was shovelling down forkful after forkful of rotini noodles when he must have bit his tongue, because he stopped eating and with a teary voice said, "Mom, teeth are not for biting tongues!"  I tried not to laugh as I consoled him and his hurt tongue.  After a few minutes, I asked him, "Teeth aren't for biting tongues, huh?"  His response: "No.  Just for smiling."

Later in the evening while we were relaxing in the living room, he sprinted around the corner, leapt into my lap and said, "Mom, you're my hero!"  Tell me that's not enough to make your heart melt. 

Then, right before bedtime, we were talking about letters (what else), when he started making the sign for a letter with his fingers and then giving it a voice and saying lines that started with the same letter.  He made the sign for the letter q and then made it wag up and down like it was talking.  In a silly voice he said, "I am Mrs. Q and I like to be quiet."

My son is so sensitive, creative, and witty.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that he's mine.  But I am grateful for these little moments that remind me of who he really is and why I love him so much.

Thank God for the things Breslin said tonight!

Lord, thank you for my son.  Thank you for his brains, for his sense of humor, and his soft, kind heart.  I pray that you would help me to both cherish and cultivate these characteristics in him as he grows.  Thank you for using my son to show me your blessings tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
This day is the BEST!!! I, too, love some of the things Breslin says!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!