Day 67 -- Being Missed

Being gone for a large chunk of a Saturday really stinks, for the most part, as Saturdays tend to be our chance to reconnect with one another as a family.  But, today, I'm thankful that because I was gone judging for the better part of the day in Tecumseh, I got to experience that feeling of being missed.

When I walked through the door at about 3:00 pm I was greeted by each of my family members in such a sweet and sincere way that I knew they had been thinking about me while I was gone, wishing that I had been there with them.  Colby grabbed me and gave me a huge hug and a delicate kiss on the forehead.  Dharia sprinted from across the room and proceeded to inundate me with questions, only a few of which I understood enough to answer.  Breslin gave me a big hug, crawled on my lap, and told me all about the game he had been playing throughout the morning.  AJ army-crawled to me and then used my leg to stand up and wave her arms about, as if saying "Pick me up!  Pick me up!"

It is a wonderful feeling to know that I was important enough to each of these people to feel missed today.  Some people don't have anyone to miss them while they are gone, and I fully realize that someday my kids won't even notice when I'm gone for a few hours.   So, today, I relished the happy faces and excited voices I was greeted with upon my return.

Thank God for being missed!

 Lord, thank you for giving me people in my life who miss me when I am gone.  Thank you for the fantastic, enthusiastic greeting my family gave to me when I returned home.  Help me to cherish this memory in the years to come.  Please help me to be better about letting others know when they are missed, since I now realize it's such a great feeling to have.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!