Day 71 -- Feeling Appreciated

I had the pleasure of writing a letter of recommendation for a young man today who is one of my advanced chemistry students.  He is motivated, responsible, gifted, personable, and has integrity.  When he asked me to write the recommendation, I agreed without hesitation.   

Today was an especially rough day for several reasons.  I think it's enough to say that from pulling out of the driveway this morning, everything seemed to be going wrong (we had a flat tire).  I truly felt like some mysterious force was out to sabotage me this day.  I was determined not to give in.  But as the day progressed, I felt myself slowly succumbing to the feelings of ineptitude and despair resulting from my many failures.  Just as I was leaving school, I set out to give this student his completed letter of recommendation.  It was after school and he was at play practice.  I wanted to make sure that he had it before he left for the evening, so I brought it in to him.  He gave me a hug and said, "Thanks, Mrs. Sharp.  You're awesome."

On this day, when I was feeling so deflated, this was such a blessing.

Thank God for this simple act which made me feel so appreciated!

Lord, thank you for this student and for how wonderful he is to teach.  I am so grateful for this small gesture of appreciation which made such a difference in my day.  Thank you for helping me to realize the impact an encouraging word can have on those around me.  Help me to be liberal with these words.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!