Day 73 -- A Night at Blast Off Bounce Zone

Tonight, we had a lot of fun.  We were invited to the birthday party of two very special kids at Blast Off Bounce Zone in Hillsdale, Michigan. 

I'm thankful for our night at Blast Off because it meant that we got to see our friends Kevin and Tricia, who are very dear to us and who we have gone entirely too long without seeing.  You know how that goes.  It was so nice to catch up and to celebrate their beautiful children at their birthday party.


I'm also thankful because I got to watch my wild woman, Dharia Lou, climb her tiny monkey butt up the Roaring River slide (which is just huge) and hurl herself down the steep incline with little to no concern for her personal safety.  To get an idea of just how ridiculously large this thing is (especially for a 2 year-old), you can see the Roaring River slide in the background of this picture of Blast Off.  Of course, my Lou Lou refused any adult help and went down about a million and a half times, each one with a giant smile on her face.  I naturally neglected to bring the camcorder, so you'll have to take my word for how hysterical this was.  Maybe we'll go back someday this winter.  It was really a great way for her to burn off some extra energy.

Breslin wasn't feeling so well during our time at Blast Off, and by the time we were getting ready to go, he was saying, "Mom, I'm just really, really sleepy."  Poor guy.  When I got him into his car seat in the van, I noticed that he was burning up.  I'm not thankful Breslin is sick, but I am thankful that I got to take care of him.  He's gotten to the point where he's so independent that he doesn't need me much anymore.  Tonight, I got to baby him a little bit, which was actually pretty nice.

Thank God for a night at Blast Off Bounce Zone!

Lord, thank you for a fun night as a family.  Thank you for the beautiful and amazing free spirit you have given my daughter.  I am also grateful for the time you allowed us to spend with old friends tonight.  Please help Breslin to heal and feel better, but thank you for the chance it allowed me to take care of him.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!