Day 76 -- Tractor Supply Company

Tonight we had a great time as a family at Tractor Supply Company in Albion, Michigan.

It all started when my wiper blades stopped working.  I know, I know, we talked about this already.  But since I left my keys in the car at the Sharps' house on Saturday after the wiper blade incident, I had no keys today.  This meant that I had no way of getting into the locked house today when we got home from school.  It also meant that I couldn't go to the bathroom all day at school, but that's a separate issue.



These are samples from Breslin's "Clifford Journal" for tonight.
Anyway, since I couldn't get into the house and was standing outside the door freezing with three kids, I decided to call my husband and ask if he wanted to meet us at McDonald's for dinner.  He was coming home late from a meeting at school and thought that this was an excellent idea.  We loaded back up into the van and drove to McDonald's.  On the way, we passed Tractor Supply and there was a giant sign outside saying "Chicks and Bunnies are Here!"

Dinner was hilarious because Breslin was given an assignment at preschool today that involves taking a giant Red Clifford the Dog stuffed animal with us wherever we go. Then Breslin is to write about Clifford's adventures in a journal.  So, Clifford the Dog sat with Colby, Breslin, Dharia and I at the table while AJ chilled in her carseat. 

On the way home, we stopped at Tractor Supply to check out the baby chicks and bunnies.  Naturally, Clifford had to join us.  But, the kids were absolutely smitten with the baby chickens.  They squealed with delight as I tried to chase them around the troughs to pick one up.  When I finally did catch one, they carefully and gently rubbed the soft chicken fluff.  They energetically imitated the tiny peeps.  In short, it was  cheap entertainment.  Even AJ enjoyed it, vigorously arm flapping in delight as she watched.

Thank God for Tractor Supply Company!


Lord, thank you for the quality time we got to spend together as a family tonight.  Thank you for showing us fun things to do in unlikely places.  Thank you for how excited Breslin is about his assignment.  Help me to be supportive of him in his learning.  In your name I pray, Amen. 





Comments

Tractor Supply said…
Hi, I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!