Day 81 -- A Ride

Tonight we had one of my favorite nights -- Spaghetti and Meatballs Night!  My mom and Bob host us and feed us the most delicious of meals roughly once a month.  Bob is Italian and makes the sauce and meatballs from scratch.  I wear my stretchy pants so that I can gorge myself without restriction.

As we left this evening and were getting on the highway, my heart sank as I realized that something was definitely very wrong with the van.  With three sleepy kids and a husband who had to get up very early in the morning, I braced myself for the worst.  Sure enough, we had a flat tire (our third one in as many weeks, but, hey, who's counting?).

Earlier in the day, we had made room for my bike in the back of the van so that we could drop it off at the bike shop for repairs.  That meant cleaning out the van.  Read: our spare tire was at home in the garage.  After all, what were the odds that we would need it this one night?

I did the only thing I could think of to do.  I called my mom.  She and Bob were there in a heartbeat.  Our rescuers.  Not only did they come to our aid, they drove us all the way to Albion so that the kids could get into bed and we could pick up the spare tire.  Now, they are currently in the process of driving Colby back to Holt so that he can put the spare on the van and drive it home.

They didn't have to do that.  I wouldn't have even dreamed of asking them to, but they did it without hesitation.  It made what could have been a terrible night for Colby and I just moderately irritating and inconvenient.  They went out of their way to make things better for us, and for that I am so grateful.

Thank God for a ride!

Lord, thank you for the kindness of my mom and Bob and for this huge favor they were willing to do for us tonight without thinking twice.  Thank you for turning a disaster into a manageable inconvenience.  Thank you that the kids and I are home safe.  I pray that you would help Colby to be able to put the spare on quickly so that he can get home safely as well.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Wow! That's SO cool! Thanks for sharing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!