Day 90 --No Nuby

AJ is nearly one.  I'm in denial, for sure.  It doesn't even seem possible.  She's too little!

One of the milestones of approaching one in the Sharp household is the transition from formula to milk and from a bottle to a sippy cup.  Yesterday, Colby announced that he was going to pick up some Nuby cups (which are just a brand of sippy cup with a softer spout) from Meijer on his grocery run and my heart sank a bit.  I didn't feel ready for my little baby to be drinking out of a real cup yet!  But I didn't say anything, just sucked it up and prepared myself for my beautiful baby to become a beautiful toddler.

When Colby came home this afternoon, he immediately poured some milk in one of the new Nuby cups and offered it to our darling girl.

She would have none of it.  She burst into tears and was inconsolable until the bottle came back out. 

So often I try to be tough in situations like these.  I refuse to give in just because of a few tears.  But tonight, I was happy to sit back and hold my AJ while she drank her bottle and blinked slow, slower blinks on her way to sleep.

Maybe neither one of us were quite ready for the Nuby.  I'm okay with that.

Thank God for no Nuby (yet)!

Lord, thank you that my daughter is still small and isn't ready to tackle all of the hurdles to becoming a toddler, yet.  Help me to cherish this time and to accept her coming of age gracefully.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!