Day 91 -- Bed Time with Grandpa

Today was a hard day for me.  At first, I wanted to just be thankful that it was over.  But then, I thought that maybe went against the purpose of this blog, so I quickly decided to not have a pity party and pick something else.  It wasn't really that hard once I decided to stop being a turd.  So, I'm thankful that my dad was here to put the kids to bed tonight.

We don't see my dad nearly as often as we'd like to, as he lives in Terre Haute, Indiana.  But, I can tell you without hesitation that my children are always beyond thrilled to see him.  He met me at home today after a very rough day at school and it was so wonderful to have him there to talk to and to help me entertain the troops.  He even brought pizza for dinner. 

The best part about my dad being here tonight, I think, is that he was able to put both Breslin and Dharia to bed at bed time.  I remember my dad putting me to bed when I was little as a wonderful and special time, so I am grateful that they could have that time with him too. 

Thank God for Bed Time with Grandpa!

Lord, thank you for my dad and that he was able to spend some quality time with all of us tonight.  Thank you that his being here helped my very bad day get better.  I am grateful that you gave my kids the same quality time before bed with their grandpa that I used to have with my dad when I was little.  Thank you for helping me to see that your blessings are everywhere, even on the worst days.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!