Day 93 -- A Big Girl Bath

So often these days the word "bath" in our house is associated with toys and towels with hoods that have animal features on them.  And me getting soaked.  Tonight, I was grateful to be able to take a big girl bath.

All of the kids were asleep, and the house was peaceful and quiet.  I had finally finished all of my sub plans for tomorrow and had my first chance to take a breath in what seemed like several days.  I decided to relax with a bath.

I have always loved to take baths.  When we lived in our apartment on Dewey Street in Jackson, I remember hating the fact that I could never take a bath, because the bathroom only featured a stand-up shower.  When we first moved into our house, I took a bath whenever I could, even though the bathroom was by far the ugliest room in the house.

After this crazy week that has driven me to tears on more than one occasion, this bath provided some much needed relaxation.  I poured myself a glass of wine, lit some candles, and...turned on Ugly Betty on the laptop.  It may sound weird to you, but to me, this big girl bath was perfection (that's a Friends quote, for those of you who didn't catch that...perhaps one of the best Friends episodes of all time, "The One With the Blackout"). 

Thank God for a big girl bath!

Lord, thank you for giving me the time to take a bath and do some relaxing tonight.  I really appreciated it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
Gum would be perfection. Let's have a date where we drink wine and watch FRIENDS. oK?

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!