Day 94 -- Pearberry

Many moons ago, when Bath and Body Works first came around, there was a scent that I loved.  It was called Pearberry.  I used it throughout my junior and senior years of high school.  Then, I began to notice that they weren't carrying the scent as often any more.  In fact, one of the annoyingly perky employees at the Jackson store informed me that they were discontinuing the fragrance. 

Starting about four or five years ago, my mom adorably began stockpiling Pearberry lotions and body washes for me.  Almost every time that I saw here she would hand over to me a paper bag with a couple of Pearberry items inside.  I would go home and stash them in a drawer, like toilet paper and canned goods in a bomb shelter.  I realized today that I am on my last Pearberry lotion and am about to finish off my last bottle of Pearberry body wash.  I had my post all planned out for today -- my sort of eulogy for the Pearberry fragrance.  I would talk about how grateful I am that I will remember it as kind of my "signature scent" throughout high school, how I associate it with gymnastics meets and my mom, etc. 

When I searched tonight for a picture of the Pearberry lotion, up popped the annoyingly perky Bath and Body Works website.  You can imagine my shock when I saw that I could order any and all things Pearberry online.  I can only assume that the Bath and Body Works employee was somehow twistedly amused by seeing the look of panic on people's faces when she told them that their favorite scent was being discontinued.

I felt elated and frustrated at the same time, but I quickly got over my anger and was thankful that Pearberry appears to be around for the long haul.  The scent is truly associated with many good memories for me, and I am happy that I can replace what I thought were my last bottles with new ones. 

Thank God for Pearberry!

Lord, thank you that Pearberry is not gone for good.  It was a nice surprise.  Thank you for the blessings you are showing me in the funniest places.  Thank you for the memories writing this post brought back to me and for my mom, who is so wonderful.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!