Day 96 -- A Study in Opposites

Tonight I am thankful that my kids are so entirely opposite when it comes to many things.  It has allowed me to fully experience the wide range of toddler emotion.  I has also helped me to appreciate their unique reactions to each and every situation.  I can usually predict fairly accurately how both Breslin and Dharia will behave in certain instances.  I love knowing that each will handle whatever comes their way with the personalities and strategies that God has given them.  I actually had been thinking quite a bit today about how fun it is to have two polar opposites in the house today when we sat down to eat dinner.  Just watching the two of them eating affirmed everything I just described.  There is Breslin, carefully spooning the soup from the bowl to his mouth, and getting visibly upset when he spills or the noodles slip off of his spoon.  Then, there is my beautiful wild woman Dharia, with chicken stuck to her face throughout this entire video, picking up noodles with her hands when it's too hard to get them with her spoon and dribbling soup everywhere in the process.

It makes me smile every time I see an example of this in our lives.  It also makes me wonder where my little baby AJ will fall in this whole continuum.

Thank God for a study in opposites!

Lord, thank you so much for giving each one of my children their own unique personality.  Thank you for the smile it brings to my face each and every time I am reminded of the variation you create in your handiwork, especially when it comes to my kids.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!